A Supply Chain Industry Cadetship offers young people a more hands-on entry into the workforce than tertiary study, and the best part is – it’s FREE!
A brief overview:
- Only 3 spaces available for the Christchurch region
- 4 week Cadet Preparation Course at our premises in Wellington
- Food, accommodation, travel and course costs all covered
- 1 week Workplace Transition Module
- Full-time employment under a 2 year Cadetship
- Ongoing support and mentoring from both Future Leaders and employers
- Range of employers – anyone from small local logistics companies to large international organisations like Harvey Norman and Coca-Cola Amatil
- Shifting job roles to gain exposure to different areas – anything from warehouse operations or logistics to health and safety or project management
Applications close Friday 3 May
See the attached document below for more details
This an opportunity to train at a two year sheep & beef, farm cadet training programme.
They have open days on June the 8th & 9TH 2019, and will be accepting applications from then until the end of July
Visit https://www.waipaoa.co.nz/ for more details of the programme and how to apply
A local business is looking at offering some part time work to a senior student after school for a few days each week. It would involve administrative work including; data entry and scanning.
A suitable student would need to be well-presented (school uniform is fine) and able to conduct themselves with professionalism.
Come in and see the careers staff if interested from Tuesday.
Are you in year 13 and able to look after a 5 and 7 year old boy some evenings and some weekends? We have a local family seeking a babysitter. Come in to careers for more details if interested
Fabric Vision in Papanui is seeking an enthusiastic student with an interest in Fabric,patterns, fashion or sewing for an 11am-5pm shift every Sunday in their retail store. Training is provided. Students 15 and over can apply by taking your CV down to the shop and asking to speak with Michelle Dear
A local family is looking for a babysitter to care for 2 boys after school and possibly some evenings. Come in and see or email mr stewart asap for contact details
A local employer is looking to fill a position available for a student who is looking for work over the school holidays Christmas break, possibly full time in the new year.
This will be in our factory making Double Glazed Units. Full training will be give and PPE provided.
Need your own transport (Restricted Licence +) required.
Be physically fit – as this requires lifting
For information about our company please click on link below.
Contact Robyn Shand
Downer’s employment programme is aimed at those who are interested in seeking a career pathway in Downer. Our Whakatipu Tētēkura pilot has a number of steps these are:
- Recruitment – we will be holding interviews in your area starting from 5th November 2018
- Participation in a one week intense residential, marae based, technical skills training, and work place transition programme (3 – 7 December 2018).
- Successful participants would commence employment with Downer around 7 January 2019 with active ongoing workplace transition, mentoring, and qualification achievement support aimed at maximizing employment success in Downer.
We are offering this employment opportunity to rangatahi who:
- Are school leavers (or recent school leavers)
- Have a positive attitude
- Are honest and reliable
- Have a willingness to learn
- Are drug free
- Hold a minimum of a restricted drivers licence (or ability to gain one before commencing employment).
If you or someone you know is interested in this programme please contact our Corporate Social Outcomes Relationship Manager directly, Selau Ifopo she is available on email Selau.email@example.com
Mad Mex is opening a store in Northlands shopping mall, November 22nd. they are looking for 5-6 part time staff members with fairly open availability. They are offering part time roles, but over the opening and xmas can offer upwards of 30 hours, 15-20 during normal trade.
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and email why or drop in to see us in the careers department