Ara offers and extensive amount of Taster day courses , information evenings and holiday programs. Most of these are only available to year 12 or 13 students. Taster courses are a fantastic opportunity to go and get a feel for study at Ara, try something hands on and experience the learning and facilities on offer.
When registering students and parents need to be aware that:
- parental permission must be obtained and indicated on their application.
- these are not school trips and students will require their own transport
- it is the students responsibility to talk to teachers, catch up work and check they will not miss key assessments
- parents should call the office, or give a note, explaining the absence, when a student receives an email confirming their place on the course.
- if a students accepts a place and does not attend ,without 48 hours notice to ARA or a medical certificate , a $50 Ara cancellation fee will be charged to their school account
NOTE: If student wishes to investigate STAR (paying) courses they must see the Careers team before looking at any registration process.
Our careers team has a timetable of all events and are happy to show students how to use the link and register at home with parental permission. Taster courses are free and students can register their interest here.
Upcoming free taster courses include:
NASDA: 3 options for the performing arts : March 6, 20, 27th
Trades (Automotive): 11th April
Trades (Building and Joinery) : 12th April
Hospitality Pasifika : 16th April
Flight Engineering: 16th April
Click on the link to see all the other options available. Watch for updates on our careers website as new events are released.